On Being Ambitious

What Makes an Ambitious Person?


These are on flash notes of winners:

From Desiderata, ”Avoid comparisons, there would always be lesser and greater persons.”

“To be or not to be,” that is the question.

“A difference in minutes and seconds make winners.”

What makes an ambitious person?

Successful people often say “Courage, faith, patience, hard work, prayer and dreams make an ambitious person.”

When I was a young girl I always wanted to be first which means, “I must be on the top list.” I loved competitions with anyone, even with boys. I thought there was no difference at all. I thought I could be as strong as they were. I played roughly with boys and I won over them like sprinting and sliding the softball fields.

In the classroom, I thought their ideas were ordinary and simple while I find challenge with fairy tale magic, the possibilities of cracking a mirror, or flying a carpet. “Of course, that was weird. I was happy making things happen, even if it was only winning a single game or topping the academics without studying. People thought I was studying, I wasn’t; it was my play time.”

Some ambitious people don’t brag about their ideas, but most of the time they act. They know that there shouldn’t be anything or anyone to take away their dreams. Maybe as a child one brags, but as an adult one has to sacrifice.

Everyone has ambitions. Each one has his own goal and preference in life. The difference between the winners and losers is how they go on despite the trials. They don’t give up easily.

One must know what he really wants in life: to be with a purpose or to be a bum forever?

Being ambitious is not bad and must not involve pulling other people down. Instead, it must be pulling people up and bringing them while you climb ladders. Being ambitious is working for success. Writers are ambitious people. They want to insert themselves in the record of time and space. If they are lucky, they leave traces of ideas carved on a rock.

Ambitious people love success. They use time wisely. They make sure they work smart.

However, the danger signals! Don’t let bad ambitions overpower the good side. If so, this will destroy yourself and people. If so, these ambitions will pit your soul.

This is the litmus paper: Ambitions must serve as inspirations and the acceptance of responsibility and discipline. Here - success will not be far.


Rosalinda (Rose) Flores Martinez
4.25.10
ishallwrite
rosevoc2

Comments