Note Read Exercise

Writing Exercise: Write Something About Yourself

Writing skills are necessary for self-utterance (communication), passing exams (students), and work progress (professionals).

It is evident that journal writing is a good practice to be honest on something about oneself as in a diary or a personal notebook.

Something About Myself:

I thank GOD for this gift of words.

Writing is pleasant but is it never easy; nothing though is easy. When I couldn’t write I feel very messy and angry. I feel incomplete and crushed.

Truly, I write anything: letters, quotes, easy poems, ordinary stories – real and unreal. I tell you a lot in words. Those that mute me and those I find divulging. But then, the spaces between what I tell you are the more important deals.

A writer knows what ideas to pick and what not. If you are the responsible type, of course, you will know the consequences it will bring everyone. And you dare or you dare not. Inside your stomach the energy fills in like whirling water that want to gush forth. You want to come and reach the climax of the creative genius. This is the writer’s moment of truth. Thinking how to express and convert in words line you with steaming energy the gods emit. It is like you’ve eaten ambrosia and forever eternal. And it makes you crave for all the words to spit slowly or vomit or tongue gently.

Writers, generally, have big hearts; but they are often mad. I am often mad, that is why I am able to write. Well, it doesn’t matter if readers would like my stuff; what matters is I will share something, and in one million readers, at least – a soul would find me. And another, and another – until I spread the light of the work (written words).

Something About Yourself:

1. What do I take with me when I travel?

2. What are the stuff I couldn’t discard?

3. Or fill in the parenthesis: I am so confused, I could (verb) the (noun) and (verb) the (noun) and not think twice about (participle-ing verbs, e.g. leaning) the (noun).

4. Try writing short notes to friends, relatives, or anyone for instruction like a heart-warming text message, a thought to ponder on, a note to inspire or update.

Examples: I miss you.
I’m sorry about last night.
Drive carefully.
Please get some milk for breakfast.
Can we eat out on Saturday night?

5. What would you do if you only had one month to live?


Rosalinda Flores Martinez
4.24.2010
ishallwrite

Comments