My Journal Notes. February 24, 2019



February 24th

It is still February 2019, the love month.

Thank you Dear God for each passing day. How can I ever forget Thee in every moment of my breath?

Special dates in February with people close to your heart, however, you only have two feet and 24 hours in a day for schedules, aside from knee aches and duties; time would wait, everything would wait - and all these in Gods mercy and grace, in His love. So, let us not fret.

I have discovered in this February that prayers really make up for the incapacity of our lives because should you want to reach out with people you love, it is the only tangible thing that you can do, palms together and head bowed or looking up. Prayer fills up the spaces that divides.  It connects your hearts, your mind, your being to the beloved - living or dead, like a hug.  Dead because should you want to attend the wake of a close friend or family, and you just can't for valid reasons - that prayer gives you solace and happiness of being together in God, our Father.  I said this because the close friend of my brother Rey (may he rest in peace) died of an ambush because of his work as a police officer and we think it was so unfair and he was young, and we were all grieving, but it was the forgiveness in our hearts and the powerful prayers to God that sufficed us; that sufficed me.  I could remember Rey always called me "Ate" (older sister) and visited my mother when she got sick, and all those times we buried our dead relatives, he was present with the family.  How can you ever forget this friend and brother because of his kind gestures?  I was not able to visit his wake because of arthritis but the mass cards and rosaries from us and my siblings made up for these grieving moments.  We believe you  are a good man and that is why you died with a Filipino flag on top of your coffin.  God knows...

Well - and another father (priest) died, Father Oselin, RCJ (may God rest his soul).  I do not know him personally but his kind soul lavished us with grace from God.  And so, it is as if, he would also be my angel praying.

Dear God, I pray for your blessings to us, the living - that we may know the measure of prayer, even TV and You Tube masses, their essence and light to sustain us till it's Sunday prayers again.

Good morning everyone!

Mwahs from me,
RoseVoc

photography. antonio vicari, RCJ

Comments