Finding God In Your Life





Finding God in Your Life

“I beseech You, O God, to show my full self to myself.” 
St. Augustine

Once in my poetry class, my teacher told me to write digging into something deeper in me.  I understood her well, but told her “I may not be able to come back and that is scary.”

Another professor made me deal with emotional truth, as in dramatic writing, and still another let me write about a testimony.  All must be candid.  I thank God for my mentors.  They did well.  Hence, my moments of  truth!

So here I am, omnipresent in time and space. I love my work.  I deem it my duty to write.  I share it as a gift.

In James Olney’s “Metaphors of Self” it says that to become what we are not, we can only then begin for what we are, but the process of becoming must be an evolution and growth, never a disruption, from that potential and inherent in the beginning.”

Life is like creative art, you must live it with zeal.  In any work or vocation you choose there comes a responsibility: doctor to patient, teacher to student, servant to master, or priest to church, among others.  Moreover, this privilege entails a responsibility.

Truly, God is ever present in the miracles of everyday life.  It is living one day at a time and let him take care of your tomorrow, too. It is believing that all things will work out together for good for those who love and obey him. It is humbly coming to him in prayer offering the promises of our weak selves.  It is kneeling down in the acceptance of his will without knowing what to get.  It is trusting God, your  whole life and hoping in the salvation of the cross.  It is the obedience of Mama Mary, the conversion of Paul, and the turning point of Saints.

According to Ernst Cassirer “In language, in religion, in art, in science, man can do no more than to build up his own universe, as such a symbolic universe that enables him to understand and interpret to articulate and organize, to synthesize and universalize in human experience.

Also, Yeats once heard in the night, “The love of God for every human soul is infinite, for every human soul is unique; no other can satisfy the same need in God.”

Finding God in your life is knowing how to love. It is that love that gives joy and peace.  It is not self seeking, but rejoices along with the truth. It always protects and trusts.  It never fails.  Note chapter thirteen of one Corinthians.

So here I am, omnipresent in time and space.  Most Sacred Heart, live in us, forever!

Rosevoc2
 July 27, 2016


/photography by angelo mezzari, rcj


Comments