On June 23, 2016. Descent





(for cyd.  for Vocations)

The descent beckons you will leave me
There beside that porch the pale white afternoon wanes

Round a well of prayers, stones you struck
remind me of your fullness.
I need your light to sustain me breath
Days and  minutes,  I gather them,
Those beams crossing the altar
those days of fright
those days of  tiredness

In that hour, your affectionate embrace
gathers my heart to yours;  tight –
indestructible
neat, eternal

You are half of me
Close, like equal halves of the same heart
Close, one, steeple of hope

My breasts ache every time you leave
My heart breaks in your silence

I cry unto Thee, my Lord, my God!

And the while the candles burn
I sink, but into delight, open
Pray - till you return.



/ rosevoc2
Thursday, June 23, 2016. 5:51 AM


Comments