How To Develop A Reputation As A Credible Author

Being a good writer is not just writing a paper and getting an A. It is not just being published one time, read one time, or trying a manuscript one time. "It is hard labor," that truth in Eliot I have always remembered in my Literary Criticism subject under Professor Campomanes.
As for me, aside from my daily grind of life, I have discovered my bones as a writer. My life is embedded in what I have learned from time and finding solace and inspiration in my work as tasks I could share. I find my work challenging and excruciating, too, like something you just can't leave or not do. I can leave all others, but not writing because it sustains my existence and my communication with the Divine. I don't assume anything I'd get from it, but as I find it so comforting, it brings me bliss and all inside of me, bursting like foam of clouds and fire from heaven. Of course, my younger days were over, when I got big payments. Now is pay back time, in whatever deal of simplicity as a common worker, I must assume a better purpose while I still can.
Tips:
Join writing seminars and workshops.
Be an expert in your field, if you aren't a writer by profession. You must be an expert in your niche.
Read a lot. At least, read an article from a magazine or ezine and a story from a good book or blog.
Be a student or brainstorm with other writers, teachers, and experts.
Learn from good authors and learn to share factual information and inspiring ideas.
Know how to observe and listen attentively.
Write the truth without fear.
Relate to facts that are truthful to life and be ready with statistics or proof, if needed.
In fiction, whatever the theme, some lessons are necessary. The readers will feel it in their hearts and understand the light you spread in words.
You are good as your last article or story. You must not stop, if you really want to be a serious writer.
Be prompt in submission to editors, teachers, and co-writers, among others. Beat deadlines.
Humility is very important. In fact, the better authors and the best writers are those who bleed and labor, in completion of their writing endeavor.
Join a network of credible editors, authors, teachers, students and more writers.
When I started writing, I was just a naive housewife, but I endured. I lived my days and nights in mind, with nothing but what I'd write. I lived my stories real as my flesh, real as where I am now, and pleading to God that something divine might come day by day. Today, I know what my bones are made of in the beautiful chance that God gave to me.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7228876

Comments