December 1, 2013. The Sense of Touch


The Sense of Touch
By Rosalinda Flores-Martinez


"Lord, touch me with thy Holy Spirit that I could serve you well."

Touching bids the many aspects of life.

As compared to other senses (smell, hearing, sight, taste), the sense of touch is the most sensitive of all, because of the tiny nerve endings in the dermis ( all over the body).

What can touching mean? Why do we touch?

Touching can:

1. alleviate pain
2. be a passion shared
3. procreate
4. heal
5. offers
6. can hit or mess up, in some ways
7. create
8. extend power
9. love
10. abuse

In poetry, touching makes you remember contact and friction with living and non-living things. 

How smooth or rough, silky or slimy, and how to feel the spells of earth seasons. What do these seasons bring? Life will feel temperatures and experience feelings brought by cold nights and hot days.

Often, you touch with your hands and then your body all over.

When you are angry, there are times you would say, "Don't touch me."

When you empathize with someone you would say, "I feel your grief. I am sorry." 

When you are happy, you kiss. Cheeks touch. Lips touch.

When you love, you hug or feel hands.

Touching is exciting, as to be restricted in some ways.

Here are more examples.

Once, I asked a friend and colleague, "Why are you so fond of touching?" (She always stroke or held arms and hands.)

"Please don't always touch me," I said.

Now, I understand that she was just being sweet, and I was stiff. Touching can also be a matter of choices. It is how you deliver the touch as pure as love.

Hugging a kid is letting them know they are cherished.

The doctors, the nurses and the medical staff share gifts of hands that heal.

In Luke Chapter 8:

Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.

Many times Jesus healed the sick and threw out demons, that touching the tassel of his robe was enough and more grace for those that sought miracles.

Moreover, I remember St. Blaise. For more than a year my throat ached, and I couldn't drink cold water nor eat ice-cream. But I prayed to get healed (during the celebration) of St. Blaise' candles. I got healed. It was a small miracle (gift from God) when the priest let the blessed candles (no flame) touch my throat.

On a deeper level, the Holy Spirit of God touches and empowers.

And to make it more human, a line from a prayer (Soul of Christ) says, "Water from the side of Christ, wash me."

Dear God, let your love touch our hearts deeply to make us happy and complete.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Rosalinda_Flores-Martinez



Self Improvement:Inspirational

Comments