After sex appeal, it can be article appeal!
To sell an article in this new age of technology, work out on article appeal.
Newspapers, magazines and ezines will like that.
First, work on the title.
A dull caption will never get attention, but should be changed to a crisply informative subject. It will never attract eyes that can scan fast.
If the article title is vague some readers will leave the topic out.People are interested with various subjects that will entertain and inform. Assume that readers are not dummies. Every reader needs update and fresh ideas. They will take topics that are fresh and full.
Work on human touch and let the manner of texts be easy and natural leading to more thoughts and benefits.
1. When writing for a newspaper, attack the real interest of the subject at once.
2. The opening like the title must show that the article has something to offer the reader.
3. The middle paragraphs must support the lead paragraph with exact information.
4. Omit pretentious language.
5. Plain words are better than grand phrases.
When I started writing, I thought highfalutin words will make the article sell. But no! The pompous language just makes the article pretentious and unprofessional. Real journalists are not showing off. They want authentic stories and facts that will answer reader's questions or make readers learn something.
Way back, I also tried to fill up information by lengthening words and adjectives. It was horrible. I found out, that it was like lying to myself and cheating the readers. Unnecessary words can never substitute for facts. Otherwise, dig more into the story.
To end the article, do not disappoint the readers. Deliver the article promise in the title, and make a firm conclusion.
Here are four distinct types of articles. See how they work.
1. The informative article collects enough information and needs research. Nowadays, editors expect writers to go out, ask questions and find new flavour that readers want.
2. The news special is a topical article designed to appear in the news columns. It usually draws attention to new trends. It is keenly factual and not interpretative.
For example: The Latest Gardening Techniques
Gadgets Now: New Sensors
3. The psychological article helps the reader think about something interesting and useful. Here, the writer strives to make something intimate. The writer need not be an expert, but keen on the subject so an average reader or any reader can take leisurely, but ponderously.
For example: Tips to a Happy Marriage
How to Be a Successful Leader
4. The seasonable article is easy to write. There are different occasions all year round. Magazines and ezines are waiting for this blast! Usually, events are talked for days and even months, and another article keeps coming in. Check calendars for events and celebrations. Some writers submit ahead. Some writers make a review. In any way, the write up can be acceptable as long as it is not outdated.
by rosalinda flores martinez on ezine articles.com