On February 9: I Remember You


I Remember You

User Rating:
10.0 /10
(1 votes)


I remember you, in ways that are invincible
In ways that are sleek and frail -

In those times that haunt
In those times of fleeting presence
That tick of time
Your heartbeat was mine.

I remember you
In every word you said
My memory traces your smile
You lips, your tongue
Your neck, how it bore loneliness -
And the laughter in your throat

How you held love, when love was bruised
How your arms touched swollen shafts of rust...

I remember you all those times waiting for dawn
While we longed for each other.

Maybe you were with me
Maybe you were not
But we were one -

And in the “Anima Christi, ”

'Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me

O good Jesus, hear me
Within your wounds, hide me

Suffer me, not to be separated from you
From the evil one, defend me
At the hour of death, call me
And bid me come to you,
That with your saints
I may praise you forever. Amen.'

I remember you -

Hard enough.

Here -

Our love thrives…





rose flores rosevoc2 on PoemHunter.com


Submitted Date Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Submitted Date On IShallWrite. February 9

Comments