Psalm 86: A Prayer


Psalm 86

The Prayer of a Poor Man in Distress
(Blessed be God who comforts us in all our trials (2Corinthians 1:3,4)
***
Lord, open my lips and my mouth shall declare your praise
Give joy to your servant, Lord; to you I lift up my heart.
***
Turn your ear, O Lord,
And give answer
For I am poor and needy.
Preserve my life, for I am faithful:
Save the servant who trusts in you.

You are my God
Have mercy on me, Lord,
For I cry to you and all the day long.
Give joy to your servant, O Lord,
For to you I lift up my soul.

O Lord, you are good and forgiving,
Full of love to all who call
Give heed, O Lord, to my prayer
And  attend to the sound of my voice.

In the day of distress I will call
And surely you will reply
Among the God’s there is none
Like you, O Lord;
Nor work to compare with yours.

All the nations shall come
To adore you
And glorify your name, O Lord:
For you are great and
Do marvellous deeds,
You, who alone are God.

Show me, Lord, your way
So that I may walk in your truth
Guide my heart to fear your name.

I will praise you, Lord, my God,
With all my heart
And glorify your name for ever;
For your love to me has been great:
You have saved me from the depths
Of  the grave.

The proud have risen against me;
Ruthless men seek my life:
To you they pay no heed.

But you, God of mercy
And compassion,
Slow to anger, O Lord,
Abounding in love and truth,
Turn and take pity on me.

O, give your strength to your servant
And save your handmaid’s son
Show me a sign of your favour
That my foes may see to their shame
That you console me and give me your
Help.

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now, and forever will be. Amen.

Pandesal 2011.
Posted by rose flores Martinez
January 26, 2011




Comments