Trapped Into Procrastination?

Trapped Into Procrastination?

Do you always say later? Have you experienced doing things very slowly? You say “I feel so low.” Watch out, you have to act now. You need to break the inertia and get off ground zero.

Procrastination is a self-blocking mechanism that everybody has experienced at one time or another. It usually stems form fear of failure or success, or a deep-seated anxiety.

A psychologist says “ We procrastinate because then we can’t fail. It’s the result of arrogance. We say to ourselves if I can’t do it the way I know I should, then I don’t want to do it at all.”

Consultants traced on to three processes why we put things off : they’re unpleasant, they are difficult, they require tough decision.

Time-management consultants give us some advice:

1. Divide tasks into small manageable bits. From a checklist, mark those you’ve done.

2. Exercise or walk early in the morning. You can even visit churches or parks.

3. Tell your friends about the challenges facing you everyday, and those little accomplishments you can share to others. This might inspire them, as you are a positive energy.

4. Harness the power of emotions. If you don’t feel like running, you can shift to another activity.

5. Don’t wait for the right mood. Take action. You can’t just sit around.

Planning is the core of successful time management, but it is also the part that most people try to avoid, because it means taking a hard look at who you are and making touch choices about how you want to spend your time. Once you’ve learn to plan your time effectively, you will be able to accomplish more in less time and gain freedom to do things spontaneously without feeling guilty.

Positive thoughts help a lot. Set goals for work. Have it clearly defined. Work for achievement not praise. A frequent cause for feeling low and/or procrastinating is the conviction that they haven’t accomplished anything worthwhile. Yet these people are hooked on evaluating everything in terms of money.

Take this from the expert Tom Hopkins (prized self-help book author), “ I know success depends on how I use my time, so I always use it exceedingly well. I’m self-disciplined. When I make commitments to myself or to others, I keep them. I’m proud of my record, proud of my willingness to do what I know must be done, proud of the fact that I’m a shaker, breaker, and doer.”

So now, give your best shot!

Rose Flores Martinez
2.19.2010
http://rfvietnamrose09.blogspot.com
for Ezine Articles

Comments