Journal Entry, November 22, 2009

TODAY IS THE CELEBRATION OF CHRIST THE KING

Today also is the birthday of my dead husband Willie and the birthday of our Pastor (Our Lady of Beautiful Love, Merville) Monsignor Villarruz

Today is so so special to me and for many people who loves JESUS

How about you?

While I follow the blogs of Professors Sir Isagani Cruz and Sir Albert Casuga, I also read some entries/blogs they read

Today, I happened to read about Danton Remoto. I met Sir Danton Remoto in one workshop with Sir Isagani Cruz at DLSU. He might not have remembered me, but that doesn't matter. What matters is I remember him and I know he is a good man

I failed an exam in one masteral comprehensives only because I forgot the author of a book I was reviewing. The book was Ladlad

So Ladlad, although I have just scanned it - became part of my consciousness. One day I saw Sir Danton on TV and the group Ladlad he was a memeber of

MY QUESTION IS: WHY CAN'T MR. DANTON REMOTO BE ALLOWED TO RUN IN THE SENATE?

ISN'T THAT UNFAIR CONSIDERING THE UNIVERSAL LAW OF HUMAN RIGHTS?

Some members of the Senate are like the Pharisees who quote on the laws of GOD, without removing the speck in their own eyes

It might be true that the Bible only tells about Adam and Eve ( male and female/ man and woman), but there are other laws to consider, like: The LAW OF GOD THAT GIVES US FREEDOM TO BE OF SERVICE TO HUMANITY, not looking into our weaknesses but focusing on to the talents HE has given us we could offer to the world, or to the Filipinos ( in the situation of Mr. Remoto)

Of course, there are a number of issues about gays, etc. (and gay marriages /I don't conform to this), BUT why would we dig into something PERSONAL? That is Danton Remotos personal life. Let us examine our own and see how we could make things better.

The gays, are NOT, prostitutes selling flesh, they are NOT the thieves who kill, they are NOT the corrupt officicals who steal from the people/poor, they are NOT drug dealers -- THEY ARE PEOPLE like us

Let us consider the following:

SERVICE HAS NO TAGS

Immorality is FOR GOD TO JUDGE, the Senate is not an entry for Priesthood. The Senate is an assembly of supposed to be wise men to amend laws SERVING people, favoring on the poor

The Senate should be altruistic and fair - NOT MONEY MAKING OR accumulating power....

The Laws in the Penal Code COULD NEVER BE COMPARED TO THE LAWS IN THE BIBLE. Leave that to Pope Benedict XVI, not the senate

The majority of the population should be allowed to vote on the candidate they choose in their own right to vote or not to vote

STEALING FROM THE PEOPLE THEIR RIGHTS or / CORRUPTION is a HEAVIER sin than anything

Those who oppose Mr Remoto must be perfect? Now, let me cite this: No one dared throw a stone to the woman in the Bible who was imperfect

Maybe, the body who opposed Sir Danton: was unsure of laws, short about freedom, and ideas considering human rights

I GO for Sir Danton, not because he is a writer, or part of the writing teachers I read but because he is CAPABLE OF SERVING OTHERS. In no way he might be interested for money or power, but because Danton Remoto is intelligent, HONEST, and maybe more brilliant than others in the Senate. Why would people in power make it hard for others to move forward ( Considering educational background, professional experience, and the community Remoto is a member of: is a respected person and worker).

HONESTY HERE SHOULD BE AN ISSUE -- WHo are the honest people in the Senate?

Sir Danton, I go for you.

Let us pray for GOD's help.

Rose Flores - Martinez, Nov 22, 2009
http://rfvietnamrose09.blogspot.com

Comments