On Writing

I am happy that Sir Albert Casuga and Sir Isagani Cruz are feeding me with a lot of good reading materials

I understand it is free for all, and I am one of those who benefit from their expertise

A connection with another writer and/or respected writing professors is very important in a writers life

From here, the writer could see the writing world, as he attempts for a language, then craft and style. From here, he/she grows

Truly, writing is a solitary work. It requires a lot of courage, so one could write. It requires a lot of patience, so one could endure. It requires a lot of humility, so one would not prove anything, but show the strength of a subject
based on truth

When someone tells me he/she wants to be a writer (some students/even some professionals), I tell him "And why not? Anyone can write." But then... when one would be a writer - you don't get it too easily. You wouldn't even know you are one... only time and the fruit of labours would testify if you've written something of value; not even fame would let you stay on a pedestal

A professional writer knows where he/she stands. He knows he needs to write. Whatever the purpose - whether the manuscript is for publication, for a contest, for a book, would be paid or is free: the writer would never stop to write. His soul would prod him to write, his mind is restless, his heart thumps, his body unsettled, he craves for words to share (to be read or ignored)on paper

May God bless my teachers/ my writing teachers for what they give to the world.

I couldnt think of any topic for today, i have lots in mind, and this is what i just wrote

on writing, to be revised
july9,2009

Comments

  1. Rose,
    I am glad to know you have followed the poetry notes. Your feature articles are interesting. Keep on writing. ABC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment