Creative Nonfiction

I learned more about writing essays in the class of Sir Isagani Cruz. He was my professor in Creative Nonfiction. I thank God for this.

Today, I can write better articles for magazines and newspapers because of Sir Isagani, among others, and the kind editors who are helping me.

Way back, in the essays we wrote, Sir Ganni always reminded us that essays must be candid. I follow this rule, especially when I write my testimonies, journals, and letters/subjects to Vocation.

There are times I want to keep something, and not let go of the words, but then it comes to be a confession window. Truly, the pain of remembering lamentations and never letting go of sweet memories. When everything comes to be written, the memory shrinks and all that remains is the valued manuscript.

Now, I can teach my students how to write their own journals, because I'm very good at it. (Thank GOD!) I teach them how to write sentences,too. (The reminder to me of Ma'am Marjorie). Maybe, this will be my task - to pass on what I've learned from the generous teachers as my way of service.

I've even written a diary of love letters about an Englishman and a Filipina... and I dont know what would happen to these texts. I was trying to get the concept of Anne Frank, and the love story of Romeo and Juliet (of course, Im NOT Shakespeare), and I got this book of Sir Bienvenido Santos, titled "Letters...."

Of course, I get my books from book sales and secondhand stores online. I wouldn't buy expensive books except when it's a gift and very necessary.

Sir Butch Dalisay even emailed to me his fiction stories while I was in Vietnam - thank GOD, again.

Next time, I would post my first fiction story (in Filipino) here. My Katinig writers group helped me get this published.

Now, I have more poetry lectures... from Sir Albert Casuga's blog ( a blog I follow).

All I want now is to write everyday - small and big things.

Maybe GOD wants naivete from me.

So I can tell about life, how to live and thank GOD for all that people share.

This will be my creative nonfiction all days to come.

Comments