a post from dr isagani cruz' blog

Allow me to change the words of John Donne to fit our situation: "No poet is an island, entire of itself; every poet is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Luzon [the island where I live in the Philippines] is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any poet's death diminishes me, because I am involved in poetry, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
Posted by Isagani R. Cruz at 4:20 AM

========================================================

i would have to ponder on these inspiring words from john donne, sir cruz ---

as i am always a student learning my craft

my age ticks in the clock everyday, as i have a lot to do,

indeed, tolls are for Thee

and as i would be a piece of these untiring teachers

my task is a flowing stream

/rose. 5.4.2009

Comments